Healthcare Job Captain
7-10 years experience
NicholsBooth Architects, founded in 1994, is a Bay Area leader in design and service. We are innovative thinkers who come together infusing creativity, learning and passion into our daily environment. Our office channels our staff’s diverse interests into purposeful impact. We work hard and have a desire to create awe-inspiring spaces but we also value the support of having fun while doing what we do best. Our culture is just as epic as our designs.
A talented and seasoned Health Care Job Captain who can lead a team through documentation and coordination of design concepts through documents and construction. The individual will be responsible for all plans, specifications, or approval of materials and construction, and is competent in all conventional aspects of design and production on multiple small and mid-size projects. We are searching for someone who is prepared and eager; who is passionate about growing with our team, fostering our team spirit, and joining a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to creating experiences and innovative problem solving. Must know OSPHD 1, OSHPD 3 and REVIT
- Coordinate CDs with designers, consultants and engineers and client’s vendors.
- Responsible for organizing and overseeing the production of the project and is skilled in understanding how the project is assembled.
- Supervises design and documentation of several design staff.
- Develop solutions and details for technically complex interiors and building renovation projects.
- Conducts material research to accurately detail the project.
- Coordinate, QA and review work by team.
- Performs work requiring independent judgment in evaluation, selection, and adaptation/modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Independently solves problems encountered.
- Meets with project team and check status on project.
- Performs markups and redlines.
- Performs code analysis.
- Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex issues and supervisory approval on proposed project plans.
- Coordinates and develops construction solutions with the General Contractor.
- Attends jobsite meetings, issues supplemental instructions and RFI responses, processes submittals and shop drawing review during Construction Administration.
Our Ideal Teammate:
- 7-10 years of experience in Health Care Interiors.
- Critical thinking and ability to identify issues before they happen.
- Execution of great design – strong member of the design team understanding the project vision and bringing creative design solutions to the team.
- Must understand and work under tight timeline schedules.
- Excels in REVIT for modeling and documentation with proficiency in AutoCAD.
- Performs work with accuracy and little guidance.
- Takes initiative to complete work and is thorough and detail-oriented.
- A sense of humor and emotional intelligence in stressful situations.
- Prioritizes servicing and responsiveness.
- Knowledge of OSHPD codes and constructability, code compliance, budgeting and how to construct and manage drawing sets.
- A deep sense of investment and ownership in projects.
- Certification or licensure preferred but not required.
- Team spirit and works well with others.
- Is detail oriented with strong written and verbal skills.
- …and in general, a great person to be around.
DISQUALIFIER: No Interior Healthcare experience.
If this sounds great to you, please submit your resume and relevant work examples!