6+ years experience
NicholsBooth Architects, founded in 1994, is a Bay Area leader in design and service. We are innovative thinkers who come together infusing creativity, learning and passion into our daily environment. Our office channels our staff’s diverse interests into purposeful impact. We work hard and have a desire to create awe-inspiring spaces but we also value the support of having fun while doing what we do best. Our culture is just as epic as our designs.
A talented and seasoned Project Designer who can lead projects and teams in the development of design at all phases as well as provide technical expertise of the highest quality in support of the design concept. We are searching for someone who is prepared and eager; who is passionate about growing with our team, fostering our team spirit, and joining a highly creative, collaborative team dedicated to creating experiences and innovative problem solving.
- Design & develop high quality, creative concepts for projects.
- Lead programming and visioning efforts
- Responsible for design development of all phases of one or more projects. As a member of the project team, establish design direction, prepares quality design presentations, and coordinates with agencies effecting design.
- Think critically and be able to identify issues before they happen – play the tape forward.
- Develop strong high-quality design solutions and details for technically complex interiors.
- Successfully communicate the design to the client, connect, and listen, adapting and incorporating feedback from the client and project team into the design.
- Mentor Design Staff, especially when developing design concepts, technical knowledge, and coordination of complex projects.
- Coordinate and QA design deliverables prepared by design team and consultants, including oversight of renderings, finish plans, and material selections. Also coordinates planning and design details with code compliance and construction forethought.
- Coordinate with GC’s, project managers and consultants for pricing and constructability with clear understanding of both in the development of design solutions.
- Have fun doing what we do!
Our Ideal Teammate:
- 6+ years of experience in workplace interiors
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture or interior design from an accredited program.
- Excels in REVIT for modeling and documentation with proficiency in AutoCAD.
- A sense of humor and emotional intelligence in stressful situations.
- Prioritizes servicing and responsiveness.
- Knowledge of California codes, constructability, and budgeting
- A deep sense of investment and ownership in projects.
- Strong graphic skills & competency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Team spirit and works well with others.
- Is detail oriented with strong written and verbal skills.
- Licensure preferred but not required.
- …and in general, a cool person to be around.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and samples of your work to email@example.com
DISQUALIFIER: No workplace interiors experience.